To prevent making stub tutorials, this page has been designed to make tutorials. People are allowed to add .gmk example/engine files.
How to make catapults from PvZ
- Make a new object. Call it "obj_pultbox"
- Go to the create event. Do this for every zombie, or the zombie parent object. Do not use parent objects for this if you don't want a specfic zombie to be affected by cata's.
- Next on, add an action in which you can put a small box above (under if you want to do non-aerial plants, you can make them non-pults) and make it about 3 16x16 tiles right from 2 16x16 tiles above.
- More goes. Make the Horizontal Speed of zombies equal to that of that box. Also, make that box affected by freezing plants or slowing ones.
- Now make it so that once the cabbage collides with the box, it sets the vspeed variable to 0.8
- Complete. Now test the object in the game. If it works, then go to the box object and make it's visiblity off.
- Completed, now you have to make the box disappear once the zombie dies. Once the zombie's health variable is set to 0, the object would have to be disabled.